Are They Trying To Kill Me?

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Total Embarassment

I mentioned yesterday that we were at an awards dinner for my friend on Sunday night. It was a formal dinner with a lot of "leaders" in the Stamford, CT Jewish community.

We arrived 45 minutes late thanks to the rear ending but thankfully it was still during the cocktail hour. I go over to grab some sushi and my Rabbi from college was there. So we were chatting and he points to a man and tells me that it is Senator Joe Lieberman. I gushed "OMG, I loved him until he became a traitor and defected the party." The Rabbi laughs and tells me that I should probably leave off the end part when I meet him.

So I take my plate over and introduce myself. The Senator was so nice, asking me questions about myself, what do I do, etc. He puts out his hand to shake mine and as I shake his hand I feel somthing squishy. Ewwww. Then I notice him rubbing his fingers together with a disturbed look on his face. We talk for a few more minutes and as I walk away I look down at my hand and realize that I had somehow gotten hummus on it.

Yep, I shmeered Senator Joe Lieberman with Hummus. Fabulous.

3 comments:

JDL said...

Traitor karma. Just sayin'

Tired Mom of Six said...

bwahahaha Alisa

I'm not sure he's quite a "traitor"...just not a follower. I believe he ran on an independent ticket this time around. Can't remember if I voted for him or not. Probably not because I hate all incumbents. :oP

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

bwahahahahahahaha