Are They Trying To Kill Me?

Sunday, April 18, 2010

A good heart.....

This weekend we were at A's cousin's Bat Mitzvah.

The service was a bit long for the young kids (there were close to 10 kids under the age of 6) so the kids all congregated in the lobby. One of the parent's had brought some dollar store goodies and the kids were kept busy. One of the things was a bag of balloons. The older kids blew them up for the younger kids.

Addison's cousin Maia's balloon pooped and Maya was devastated and crying. I went over to Addison and suggested that she give Maia hers(they both had the same color). She started to get upset. I got down to her level and told her that I would NOT take her balloon away from her. I then explained how sometimes when someone else is sad its a nice thing to do something to make them happy. I told her that sometimes making someone else happy makes you happy.

She thought about it, went over to Maia and gaver her the balloon. She got a big smile on her face and turned to me. She said "You're right Mommy, I feel so happy!" And then gave me a big hug.

She was rewarded by her cousin Lexi blowing her up a new balloon. Sure it wasn't the color she really wanted but she was happy none the less.

I am so proud to be raising a child who has a heart as big as Addison's. She is full of empathy which to me is one of the most important qualities in a person. She thinks with her heart first and foremost.

I was one proud mama (of course I cried).

Then another relative comes up to me and says "I just wanted to meet Addison's mommy. She is one great kid. Last night I said I was going to clean up all the food and she ran over to me and told me she was ready to help. That is a total reflection on her parents. So good job, she's a gem."

Does it get any better than that??????

1 comments:

Gretchen said...

That stuff is not completely in us. It is learned...she sees that in you. Well done mommy and Addison!