Are They Trying To Kill Me?

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thank you! (you know who you are)

When I was younger, I was carefree, spontaneous, full of life and fun. Not exactly sure when it happened but I stopped being fun. Instead I worry all the time.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard A say "Just lighten up". I wish it were that easy.

But I've noticed because I am not that fun girl that I am often forgotten about or thought of last. So many times I sit there wondering why its not me that's receiving the funny email or "just because I love you card". Is there something that I should be doing to make myself better or more memorable or for people to think of me? I do a lot for those I care about simply because I enjoy doing so. But sometimes I wonder why it's never done back.

I know friendship is about giving, not receiving and I give so freely, both tangibly and intangibly. I do it because I feel full when I do so. I do not give to receive back, I want that to be clear. But every once in a while it feels nice to receive as well.

This weekend I did receive a card, a no reason, just because card. SHEESH did that make me feel good. So good. It's sitting on my desk now and makes me smile just looking at it.

So thank you sender of the card. It absolutely made my day and continues to do so.

HUGS.

7 comments:

Sara said...

Oh, I am so happy that someone did that for you. I wish it had been me. :)

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Yikes! It posted it like 5 times!!! I just wanted to say that it was such a bright and sunny pic it make me think of you.

Anonymous said...

ok, I swear I already commented, lol. I think that it is common for moms to become less carefree. We have so much responsibility, sometimes it is hard to let loose. It doesnt make you less fun, or less worthy of recognition. I think you are amazing and I wish I could verbalize the ways in which you have changed my life.