Are They Trying To Kill Me?

Monday, May 10, 2010

Before I became a mom.....

I was thinking over the past few days about what my life was like before I was a mom.

In so many ways it was simpler. I could come and go as I please. I could work as late as I wanted/needed to in order to get things done in my quest for advancement.

I could eat meals in peace, no interruptions. If I wasn't well I could stay in bed all day long.

But I really was missing out.

Now instead of coming and going as I please, I get to walk to the car holding the hands of two kids who look up at me with giant smiles (maybe it's because they have giant teeth :-p).

Instead of working late I run out the door at 5pm so that I can be greeted at school with "MOMMY!!!!!!!" as they run to give me a hug.

Instead of desiring advancement in the workplace I often find myself fantasizing about winning the lottery so I could stay home all week and plan and do fun things with them.

Instead of eating meals in peace, I get to introduce new foods to my kids and get the satisfaction in providing them with good, quality meals.

Now instead of staying in bed all day.......OK well I'd love to stay in bed all day. :-)

My life really is so much richer now that these two little beings are in it. I am so blessed to have them.

3 comments:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

blogs need a like button :)

Tired Mom of Six said...

I'm glad that you realize you're blessed - I know sometimes it is easy to forget in the daily grind. This is also a nice reminder for the rest of us!
xoxo

Heather said...

You are such a good mom Alisa!